Send your resume and portfolio at : firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking for a talented
As an Intermediate Architectural Technician in our Montreal office, you would contribute to GH+A’s retail design projects by offering the necessary support in terms of creativity and technical skills to the Project Director. The successful candidate will undertake all of the basic tasks expected of an Architectural Technician such as the ability to produce a full set of construction drawings and specifications. You would have the opportunity to work in a highly stimulating and interactive work environment.
• Assist in the development of technical documents
• Prepare, print, ship and file the drawing documents as needed
• Prepare area calculations and execute quantitative surveys
• Research and selection of product, finishes and technical construction details
• Prepare change orders
• Execute site survey under supervision
• Execute basic plans as per site survey
• Execute document drawing layout
• Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in Architectural Technology
• 5 to 7 years of experience in architecture technique related to retail, preferably with a particular focus on creative services, professional services and/or consumer goods and services
• Knowledge of the trends in retail, design and construction (asset)
• Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively with team members
• Communication skills – verbal, visual and written
• Computer proficiency in Revit, CAD, SketchUp, Photoshop
• Freehand sketching of technical details
• Conceptualization through sketching and illustration
• Basic construction detailing knowledge
• Ability to manage workload within prescribed timelines and budget restrictions
• Ability to multitask – contributing to more than one project at a time
• Ability to accept guidance and instruction; understanding and applying new skills to future projects thorough understanding of the retail industry
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Positive and professional
• Excellent communicator
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
We are passionate about design, lavishly creative, energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complemented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. The downtown location of both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes them easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance, possibilities for professional advancement and development and above all, an engaging and social environment with talented colleagues!
Imagine the possibilities!